Medication Rules & Guidelines
- ALL medication (prescription, non-prescription, vitamins, supplements, etc.) must be checked in with the Camp Medic upon arrival at camp.
- Sponsors are required to turn in their medications the same as students.
- All medication must be stored securely and dispensed from the First Aid Station.
- Medication is not allowed in the dorms.
- Campers are not allowed to share any medication belonging to them with any other camper.
- Maintenance inhalers must be checked in with the Camp Medic.
- Medication needed for immediate use for life-threatening conditions (i.e. rescue inhalers and EpiPens) must be checked in with the Camp Medic unless the camper’s doctor requires him/her to keep it on his/her person at all times.
The camper must have a written statement of medical necessity from the prescribing doctor for the camper to carry it. The camper is responsible for his/her own medication
and may only give it to his/her sponsor to hold (not a fellow student camper).
- At children’s camp, a child must be accompanied by a Sponsor when he/she goes to the designated First Aid area.
- Do not bring pill boxes/organizers to camp.
- Prescription medication must be in the original container with the prescription label.
- Non-prescription medication must be in the original container. This includes, but isn’t limited to, over-the-counter medications taken on a regular basis,
vitamins, supplements, etc.
- Each camper must put his/her medication(s) in a Ziploc bag with his/her name and church name on it.
- Each camper must put a signed Medication Form in the Ziploc bag with his/her medications.
Recommended Process for Group Leaders
- Distribute copies of the Medication Form to Sponsors and Parents. The Medication Form is camp-specific; the form link is found on the summer camp registration page and provided to the group leader.
- Put medications in Ziploc bags as directed above with a signed Medication Form in each.
- Check in camper medications at your church before you depart for camp. Compare actual medications to the medications listed on the Medication Form. Please understand that if you do not address discrepancies while you have parents present it will be very difficult to address them at camp when parents are possibly hours away.
- Be prepared to turn in medications upon arrival at camp.
- The Camp Medic will review all medications and forms on the first day.