Requirements for Adults (age 18 and up):
The group/church runs the background checks & sends the results to Pineywoods.
Email results reports to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail hard copies to Pineywoods (address at bottom of page). EMAIL IS PREFERRED due to past difficulties with the USPS.
Pay Pineywoods $5 per person to run the background checks.
EACH ADULT MUST LOG IN WITH HIS/HER OWN REGISTRATION ACCOUNT TO GIVE CONSENT.
EACH ADULT MUST LOG IN WITH HIS/HER OWN REGISTRATION ACCOUNT TO ENROLL & TAKE THE COURSE.
- Pineywoods is licensed and regulated by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Unlike churches that support and attend retreats and/or camps at Pineywoods, we are inspected by the State and must comply with regulations to maintain our camp license and to continue to operate and serve.
- Training and paperwork requirements are mandated by The Youth Camp Safety and Health Act and the Youth Camp Rules governing all resident youth camps in the state of Texas.
- These measures are required by law for each adult coming to camp (including ministers). This program is required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and youth in today’s society. Please be thorough in your church’s compliance with these measures.
- Child Protection Training (CPT) is a state-approved sexual abuse and child molestation awareness training.
- We ask you to take every possible step to verify that the adults coming to camp with your group are who they say they are and that they are above reproach with our children and youth.
- Required paperwork for all adults (including ministers) must be received by Pineywoods BEFORE the adults arrive and assume responsibilities at camp.
- Any monetary fines imposed upon Pineywoods due to the lack of compliance by a particular group will be passed on to the errant church or organization.