Girls Camp 2019 @ Pineywoods — June 10-14
Love Never Fails: Love is Kind
1 Corinthians 13:4
Girls Camp is for all girls who have completed 1st-6th grade. Girls must register with their church. Pineywoods only registers church groups for summer camps.
In order to ensure the safety and security of our campers, Pineywoods Camp enforces a NO VISITOR POLICY DURING ALL SUMMER CAMPS.
$260 on or before the Registration Deadline
$280 after the Registration Deadline
Registration opens March 1st
Registration Deadline – May 3rd
Paperwork Deadline – May 23rd
Each girl will participate in TWO class choices (unless she chooses High Ropes Adventure). She will get two of her four choices depending on class availability. ***Classes subject to change***
- Bible Journaling – As the writer of Hebrews tells us, God’s Word is “alive and active. Bible journaling gets God’s words off the page and into our hearts. Artistic Bible journaling is an incredible way for creative people to read and respond to God’s Word.
- Camp Adventure – 1st & 2nd grade girls will enjoy hiking, drift trikes, Nerf archery, and the Super Slide. 3rd & 4th grade girls will enjoy kayaking, BB guns, and archery. 5th & 6th grade girls will enjoy canoeing, rifles, the Climbing Tower, and the Giant Swing.
- Camp Chefs – The girls will have an opportunity to explore their inner chef while learning some kitchen safety tips and cooking skills in the kitchen. Come join us in some unforgettable learning experiences with food.
- Camp Crafts – Girls will enjoy making crafts as they use their own creativity.
- Camp Desserts – The girls will have a fun time creating desserts in the camp kitchens this summer while learning to be creative with food.
- Color War – Girls will get messy, but not gross. They will have various art activities using colored Holi powder (as used in “Color Wars” or “Color Runs”). Girls will be required to wear goggles which will be provided.
- Duct Tape Craft – Sometimes, your average tape just won’t do. Sometimes you need a tape with attitude. Maybe you have a craft that needs to be more colorful. The girls will make a variety of duct-tape projects in this class and get in touch with their creative side.
- High Ropes Adventure (3rd – 6th graders) – Girls will spend both class choice hours each day exploring and conquering the 3-story, high ropes challenge course. ***TAKES UP BOTH CLASS CHOICES***
- Kindness Club – Kindness means sharing love and spreading joy to others. Kindness shows up throughout scripture and should be shown in our daily lives. This class will teach girls to be “bucket fillers.” There will be a kindness scavenger hunt, girls will bake cookies for the Pineywoods staff to hand out, and girls will make tissue paper flowers to pass out to adult sponsors.
- Paint Party – Canvas painting for girls will be a fun way to foster creative expression by the individual.
- Sign Language – American Sign Language (ASL) is a beautiful language used primarily by the Deaf Community in the United States. In fact, it is currently the third most popular used language in the U.S., after English and Spanish. You will learn sign language for a variety of different songs and scripture from God’s Word.
- Woodcraft – A self-expression of creativity where the girls will learn how to measure, sand, nail, and create their own woodworking project.
TEEN ASSISTANT (TA) GUIDELINES/INFORMATION:
- TAs must be 9th-12th grade girls who are at least 15 years old.
- Every year, a girl’s sponsor must Contact the Camp Director to get approval for her to participate as a TA at camp if she is not yet 15.
- No girl under the age of 18 will have any responsibility or authority over any girls in the dorm setting.
- TAs will help adults in class settings only.
- TAs must be prepared to work and to serve.