Girls Camp 2020 @ Pineywoods — June 8-12
3/18/20 – Due to the extremely fluid situation in our communities and nation, Pineywoods will not address summer camp adjustments, cancellations, or refunds until a much later date. Concrete information regarding school schedules and gatherings is necessary before June-August camps can be addressed. Group leaders will be emailed if or when changes are necessary.
3/16/20 – At Pineywoods Camp, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 (coronavirus) developments on a continual basis. As it is a constantly changing situation, we are only making decisions in regards to retreats and reservations on a weekly basis. It is too soon to make scheduling decisions for bookings and events further in the future. If necessary, we will address summer camp at a much later date. Precautions and restrictions will not last forever, but none of us knows the timeline for when regular activities will resume. We will post new information here as it becomes available. May our sovereign God of peace be your hope and your strength in this unique time of our world’s history.
Love Always Hopes (1 Corinthians 13:7)
Girls Camp is for all girls who have completed 1st-6th grade. Girls must register with their church. Pineywoods only registers church groups for summer camps.
Camp Pastor: Tim Lester
Worship Leader & Emcee: Riley Armstrong
Missions Emphases: TBA
In order to ensure the safety and security of our campers, Pineywoods Camp enforces a NO-VISITOR POLICY DURING ALL SUMMER CAMPS.
$270 on or before May 1st
$290 after May 1st
Registration opens March 1st
Registration Deadline – May 1st
Adult Paperwork Deadline – May 21st
Each girl will participate in TWO class choices (unless she chooses High Ropes Adventure). She will get two of her four choices depending on class availability. ***Classes subject to change***
- Bible Journaling – As the writer of Hebrews tells us, God’s Word is “alive and active. Bible Journaling gets God’s words off the page and into our hearts. Artistic Bible journaling is an incredible way for creative people to read and respond to God’s Word.
- Camp Adventure – 1st & 2nd grade girls will enjoy hiking, drift trikes, Nerf archery, and the Super Slide. 3rd & 4th grade girls will enjoy kayaking, BB guns, and archery. 5th & 6th grade girls will enjoy canoeing, rifles, the Climbing Tower, and the Giant Swing.
- Camp Chefs – The girls will have an opportunity to explore their inner chef while learning some kitchen safety tips and cooking skills in the kitchen. Come join us in some unforgettable learning experiences with food.
- Camp Crafts – Girls will enjoy making crafts as they use their own creativity.
- Camp Desserts – The girls will have a fun time creating desserts in the camp kitchens this summer while learning to be creative with food.
- Color War – Girls will get messy, but not gross. They will have various art activities using colored Holi powder (as used in “Color Wars” or “Color Runs”). Girls will be required to wear goggles which will be provided.
- Fashion Design – Girls will combine art and creativity to create their own fashion designs with tie-dye shirts, hair scrunchies, and tote bags.
- High Ropes Adventure (3rd – 6th graders) – Girls will spend both class choice hours each day exploring and conquering the 3-story, high ropes challenge course. ***TAKES UP BOTH CLASS CHOICES***
- Icky Sticky – Girls will have a fun time creating all things messy, slimy, and gooey.
- Jewelry Making – Girls will have the opportunity to make jewelry of their own design that includes bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
- Sign Language – American Sign Language (ASL) is a beautiful language used primarily by the Deaf Community in the United States. In fact, it is currently the third most popular used language in the U.S., after English and Spanish. You will learn sign language for a variety of different songs and scripture from God’s Word.
- Woodcraft – A self-expression of creativity where the girls will learn how to measure, sand, nail, and create their own woodworking project.
TEEN ASSISTANT (TA) GUIDELINES/INFORMATION:
- TAs must be 9th-12th grade girls who are at least 15 years old.
- Every year, a girl’s sponsor must Contact the Camp Director to get approval for her to participate as a TA at camp if she is not yet 15.
- No girl under the age of 18 will have any responsibility or authority over any girls in the dorm setting.
- TAs will help adults in class settings only.
- TAs must be prepared to work and to serve.