Girls & Boys Camp FAQ

Can I visit camp?
  • In order to ensure the safety and security of our campers, Pineywoods enforces a NO-VISITOR POLICY DURING ALL SUMMER CAMPS. (effective 3/22/18)
  • The Pineywoods Board of Trustees felt it necessary that we implement this policy because of unpredictable violent events against innocents in our country and in our churches.
  • We have historically enjoyed a family-like atmosphere and could welcome anyone to campus; however, just as our schools and churches are tightening protocols and increasing security, we have to do the same.
  • Additionally in 2021, due to COVID-19 recommended guidelines for Texas camps, PASTORAL/MINISTERIAL GUESTS of attending churches will not be allowed.
When does registration open?

Church Registration opens in March each year. 

Is the camp cost the same for both adult sponsors and girls/boys?

Yes, every registered person at camp is a camper and pays the stated camp cost for the session.

Can I add campers to my group after the Registration Deadline?

Late registrations must be approved.
Late registrations incur an additional fee.
Late registrations are not guaranteed a camp shirt.

Can we switch sponsors in the middle of the week?

Yes. Sponsors can split the week if it is absolutely necessary. A fee of $15 is required for the addition of another person.

Can sponsors bring their younger children to camp?

No. Younger children cannot stay in the dorms with campers, and sponsors are required to stay in the dorms with their students.

What paperwork is required for each camper?

MEDICAL REGISTRATION in our online system is required for EVERY PERSON before coming to camp. There is no physical registration paperwork; however, any person bringing medications to camp will need to bring a Medication Form to camp with their medications. In addition, every adult (18 & older) must submit the required adult paperwork.

How does our group register?

The registration link unique to your group will be emailed to the group leader. The leader must share the link with all adults 18 & older and all parents of girls/boys coming to camp.

With what device(s) can I register online?

A smartphone, a tablet, or a computer.

Who can submit the medical registration?
  1. Minors (age 17 & under) must be registered by their parent. A parent must create his/her account with his/her information, not the minor’s information.
  2. Each adult (age 18 & older) must register him- or herself. He/she must create or log into his/her own account.
  3. NOTE: Spouses cannot register each other.
  4. NOTE: Accounts cannot be shared.
As the group leader, how will I know who has/has not registered?
  • You will know the real-time status of your group’s registration using the church roster/report.
  • The church roster/report shows who is and who is not registered.
  • Church Roster/Report
    1. Click here to begin.
    2. Log in.
    3. Click the Select button next to your camp event.
    4. Click More Info.
    5. Click the Reports button.
    6. In the middle of the pop-up, click “Select Report…” to select the report for your group.
    7. Click Print (just below the report name).
What are the adult paperwork requirements?

By law all persons 18 and older attending retreats or summer camps lasting three or more nights must provide the following:

  1. Annual background checks (consent form submitted online by each adult)
  2. Child Protection Training (completed online by each adult)
  3. Pastor Reference (submitted via email by group leader)

Complete details are provided  here.

Can I just bring the required adult paperwork on the first day of camp?

No. The state Health Inspector scrutinizes our files and forms each time he/she inspects Pineywoods. Because the camp is subject to requirements by law, our staff has to review all of the paperwork in order to ensure we remain in compliance with the state’s youth camp rules.

The church roster report will reflect the status of the adult requirements as we review & process them in our office. Requiring the items two weeks prior to camp gives us almost that much time to get missing forms and sometimes correct/replace items.

Do you accept personal checks for camp payments?

No, we do not accept checks from individuals.

When does my church get a refund if campers drop out or if we inadvertently overpay for camp?

Refund checks are issued after camp, made payable to the church, and mailed to the church.

I have a camper who has to cancel and do not have a replacement for him/her, does he/she get a refund?
The refund and forfeit amounts are dictated by the cancellation date. Refer to the refund schedule at the bottom of the registration page for the amounts.
Can our church pick the dorms in which we stay?

No. Pineywoods makes all lodging assignments based on numbers and cannot take requests for specific assignments.

Are there optional accommodations other than dorms?

No. During summer camp ALL STUDENTS AND SPONSORS are housed in dorm-style accommodations and grouped together by church.

Can we bring an RV and stay at Pineywoods while our child/children are at camp?

No. Only registered campers (sponsors, students, program leadership, and camp staff) are allowed to stay overnight during summer camp.

Will my group be in a dorm by ourselves?

Churches are grouped together in dorms unless a church’s girls or boys fill up a dorm. On average, the dorms sleep 20 each.

What are the responsibilities of adults (AKA Sponsors) at camp?
  • Adults/Sponsors who attend camp with their students are an integral part of the camp program.  Sponsors lead their group and are active participants throughout the camp session.  Sponsors maintain order in their group and make sure students follow rules and follow the schedule.  Sponsors have the opportunity to invest in the lives of students and reflect Christ in every situation.
  • Sponsors also teach or help with classes and are expected to attend the Sponsor Meeting each morning to prepare for the day.
What happens at check-in on the first day of camp?
Check-in is just that, checking in your group. Expect the following:
  • Verify your numbers (total number, # females, # males)
  • Discuss all changes to your registration
  • Discuss late arrivals and/or early departures
  • Turn in medications
  • Receive nametags, program information, and facility assignments
NOTE: Since the camp cost is paid in full at the registration deadline, additional balances or refunds due to registration changes are calculated at the conclusion of the summer camp season. Invoices will be emailed to the group leader at that time. Refunds will be mailed to the church at that time.
Where can I get information about meals at camp?

Click here for menus and further meal information.

How do I organize medications for my group and when do I turn them in at camp?

Medications are turned in at check-in upon arrival at camp. Click here for complete details regarding medication rules and preparation.

A camper in my group needs to leave during camp. What is required for that to happen?
Pineywoods encourages campers to experience the entire camp session with their group, beginning to end, and to participate in all scheduled camp sessions/activities. Once at camp, no student is allowed to leave campus for any reason without written consent to leave from his/her parent or legal guardian.
  • A Student Check-Out Authorization form must be filed in the Camp Office prior to the expected departure, and it must specify who is authorized to pick up the student.
  • The form is required if a student has to leave for any reason prior to camp dismissal on the last day.
  • The form is required even if a student is simply leaving early separate from the group.
  • No one under the age of 21 can pick up a student from camp.
  • Boyfriends/Girlfriends, no matter their age, are not permitted to pick up a student.
  • No student will be released without the presentation of a photo ID by the person picking him/her up.