Requirements for Adults
- Mail printed NATIONAL criminal and NATIONAL sex offender background checks FOR THIS YEAR for each adult.
- Have each adult complete Child Protection Training (CPT), take the exam, and turn the exam in to the church leader for grading.
- Mail a CPT Certificate of Completion for each adult.
- Mail a completed Pastor Reference Form signed by the church pastor, youth minister, or other member of the ministerial staff.
|1.||Perform both a NATIONAL criminal and NATIONAL sexual offender background check on each adult AND mail the printed results.
|2.||Have adults individually view the CPT Video or schedule a time for all of them to view it together.|
|3.||Have each adult take the exam and return it for grading.
|4.||Mail a CPT Certificate of Completion for each adult coming to camp. The training/certificate is good for two years, but Pineywoods encourages you to do it every year to keep the information, warning signs, and other protective measures at the forefront of every adult’s mind.||CPT Certificate of Completion|
|5.||Mail a completed Pastor Reference Form signed by the church pastor, youth minister, or other member of the ministerial staff.||Pastor Reference Form|
|6.||Keep the items below on file AT YOUR CHURCH. *****ALL DOCUMENTS ON FILE AT YOUR CHURCH MUST BE KEPT FOR A MINIMUM OF TWO YEARS AFTER THE ADULT HAS SERVED AT PINEYWOODS.*****
- Unlike churches that support and attend retreats and/or camps at Pineywoods, we are inspected by the State and must comply with regulations to maintain our camp license and to continue to operate and serve.
- We ask you to take every possible step to verify that the adults coming to camp are who they say that they are and that they are above reproach with our children and youth.
- Required paperwork for all adults (including ministers) must be mailed to Pineywoods BEFORE assuming responsibilities at camp.
- Pineywoods is licensed and regulated by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- The Youth Camp Safety and Health Act and the Youth Camp Rules governing all resident youth camps in the state of Texas mandates that all persons 18 and older attending retreats or summer camps lasting three or more nights must do the following:
- Submit printed copies of results from national criminal and national sex offender background checks for the current year.
- Complete a state-approved training and examination program on sexual abuse and child molestation and submit a valid certificate of completion.
- Provide a character and integrity reference. Pineywoods uses the Pastor Reference Form to meet this requirement.
- Child Protection Training (CPT) is a state-approved sexual abuse and child molestation awareness training.
- Any monetary fines imposed upon Pineywoods due to the lack of compliance by a particular church will be passed on to the errant church.
- These measures are required by state law for each adult coming to camp (including ministers). This program is required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and youth in today’s society. Please be thorough in your church’s compliance with these measures.